Tuesday, April 17, 2012

OMG..... This chick is fierce

Well finally the new website is up and running. The feedback has been amazing to say the least. That makes me very happy. Here's to hoping that it continues to be received so well. Today on pride rock (our nickname for lion king) we had a cast member return to the cast. She left for a little over a year to work on the mega hit Book of Mormon. I fell in love with her awesome talent and fell in l e all over again today. After a year of. Or doing this show she returned today. The original plan was for her to watch the show and have a reversal to get her feet wet again. It's live theatre and the show MUST go on. Just before the show started we for d out that indeed we were short a few females. Our brilliant dance captain grabbed this performer, quickly reviews the show... Rehearsed whatever needed to be reversed... And in a matter of minutes this brilliant performer was ready, focused, and back onstage by the time the curtain went up. So the next time you see dance captain next to a cast member, you now know that they are always working to make the show happen for you. I get asked all the time what I had to do as a Dance Captain when I was in the cast of Hair.... Oh so many stories to,tell. Once I had to combine 4 roles into one and one of them was a female who sang very high. Ugh I survives but it wasn't easy. Who knew I could sing so high..... Act II is about to begin so I have to run. Just wanted to share a little joy from the Pridelands with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment