Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rehearsal payoff

Ahhh so it has been a little time since I posted. I think my last post was singing the praises of someone who had little rehearsal. Now to the flip side of that, there is my rehearsal process for Simaba on the Lion King. It's coming along very well, on fact next week I get to run the show for my BOSSES, AND FELLOW CAST MEMBERS.... Whew so yes all eyes will be on my every move, step and note. On the other had it makes me a little sad. Why? Because I love to rehearse. Most love to get on stage in front of an audience and get praises etc. Me? I love the process of discovering and creating and learning. The trying new things and looking at me angles etc.. I spoke about this briefly to a dear friend of mine, a visual artist, and he found my point of view shocking. I said. Think of my Craft as a photo or painting. You need the right idea, subject,lighting, shadow, medium etc... So in my mind I am constantly playing with these variables in rehearsal and that's the fun of what I do. There is a scene where I say " Timon, you could have died..." 4x's. Each time of course is different, but 4 ways isn't enough. In rehearsal I get to try it 100 ways and see what that feels like. T me that is EXCITING... Am I boring you yet??? I'm sending this post via my iPad and for some reason it won't let melts a rehearsal photo...I'll try and add some later

No comments:

Post a Comment